Evan Cobb a.k.a. Miguel

In Memoriam - Rest in Peace

1990 - 2011

This blog is dedicated to Evan Cobb a.k.a. Miguel, a young man who committed suicide on April, 28th 2011 at the age of 21.

This blog shall help to remember this young man. I hope his troubled soul finally found peace.

All visitors are welcome to post their thoughts and express their condolences in this blog. Please use the Book of Condolences and help that the remembrance of him remains alive!

If you have something you would like to share but should not be posted here you can send me an email.

To his family members and friends who might read this: I want to post some nice pictures of him here. If you have any please share and send them to this email address.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And it still hurts...

It's been a few days now since I had to read the horrible news and it still hurts. It's not the kind of pain you feel when you become injured. It's a nagging pain that something precious was ripped away from your life and you couldn't do anything about it. A feeling with an absolute finality. I am still struggling with these questions: Why did he have to suffer from this terrible problems that made him see no other solution than giving up his life? Where were the people around him that could have supported him and couldn't they have foreseen this? Did nobody care?

He might have not followed such a way of live like we do. But that's absolutely not important here! He took his own life and that's a terrible, terrible thing. But he did this because he'd seen no other way and that's even more terrible. And now that he has gone his final way I don't want him to end as a two sentence footnote on some pages.

I believe when you die you live on in the memories of the people who knew you. When they forget, you really die. I don't want this to happen, that's why I am doing this blog. Please help me to reach this goal.
Visitors who have there loudspeakers on might hear the underlying music. I think if found the perfect title, it's "Ave Maria" from Franz Schubert. A song perfectly matching the current mood.

To all of Evans family members and friends who might read this: I want to post some nice pictures of him here. If you have some images of him please send them to this email. Your help is highly appreciated.

1 comment:

Please leave your comment here!