Evan Cobb a.k.a. Miguel

In Memoriam - Rest in Peace

1990 - 2011

This blog is dedicated to Evan Cobb a.k.a. Miguel, a young man who committed suicide on April, 28th 2011 at the age of 21.

This blog shall help to remember this young man. I hope his troubled soul finally found peace.

All visitors are welcome to post their thoughts and express their condolences in this blog. Please use the Book of Condolences and help that the remembrance of him remains alive!

If you have something you would like to share but should not be posted here you can send me an email.

To his family members and friends who might read this: I want to post some nice pictures of him here. If you have any please share and send them to this email address.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

God who?

Todays headline of a popular german newspaper was: “Is there a God?”. The headline was due to an upcoming visit of pope Benedikt to Germany.

Because of the recent events, Evans death and several other terrible happenings, I don’t believe that there is a supernatural power that cares and protects us. If there is a God, how can he let such things happen? How can he let people like Evan get to a point of total surrender to problems and taking there live? Such a God does either not exist or is a total sadist. And I am so tired of these explanations of church that we just don’t understand Gods actions and that we will never be able to. What a lame excuse!

You may wonder why I don’t believe in God but post all these religious pictures here. Well for me all these signs are ornaments for grief and sympathy which should express my feelings about Evans death. Still missing him so much ….

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land:
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you planned:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

                               Christina Rossetti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here!